The NeuroDevelopment Center Staff
Laurence M. Hirshberg, Ph.D., BCN.
Clinical Assistant Professor, Alpert Medical School, Brown University.
The NeuroDevelopment Center is directed by Laurence M. Hirshberg, Ph.D. Dr. Hirshberg is a licensed clinical psychologist, and serves on the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior of the Brown University Medical School as Clinical Assistant Professor. Specializing in work with neurodevelopmental disorders for over 25 years, he consults and trains educators and clinicians across New England. Dr. Hirshberg has published and presented in many areas of clinical psychology and child development. Prior research includes studies of neurophysiological and neurocognitive predictors of response to treatment in major depression, quantitative EEG indicators of autism spectrum disorder, and studies of infant attachment and social referencing. See his complete vita or an updated list of publications.
- Ph.D – Clinical Psychology | University of Michigan
- MA – Philosophy | NYU, Stony Brook
- BA – Social Theory | Hampshire College
Certifications | Fellowships | Awards
- Certified Health Service Provider in Psychology: The National Register of Health Service Providers
- RI and MA Licensed Psychologist
- EEG biofeedback certification: Biofeedback Institute of America.
- Fellow: International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
- Presidential Award of Merit: International Society for Neurofeedback and Research for “distinguished achievement in clinical work and scholarly publications in neurofeedback”.
- Diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety and mood disorders in children and adults.
- Neurofeedback and quantitative EEG for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors.