In your bipolar assessment at the NeuroDevelopment Center, we will work carefully with you to understand all of the difficulties you are facing in life and get to the bottom of it. We will take the time needed to understand the problem completely. A key part of the evaluation is to identify a range of solutions that are the right ones for you. When we review the results with you, we will be sure to answer all of your questions. What matters most to us is that YOU understand the problem and the path forward. Because it is only when you understand the problem that can you change it.
A careful bipolar assessment is the first step on your path forward.
For some, a careful diagnostic evaluation is just what is needed. This will involve:
- a thorough interview
- specialized measures of social, emotional, and behavioral symptoms
- a prompt, jargon-free report written so you understand
- recommendations for practical steps you can take to move forward toward lasting change
Recent research is showing that many individuals with bipolar disorder also have some difficulties in thinking processes and learning. A full neuropsychological assessment may be needed. We will use many different tests to look carefully at:
- perceptual and visual-spatial abilities
- speed of processing
- problem solving
- planning and organization
- mental flexibility
- motor skills
- academic abilities
- emotional and social functioning