A careful depression assessment is the first step on your path forward.
Many factors can contribute to a depressed mood. These include certain medical conditions and medications, sleep problems, alcohol or drug use, stressful events, and social isolation. So it is important to look very carefully at your situation in a thorough depression assessment, to get to the root of the problem.
- a thorough interview
- specialized measures of social, emotional, and behavioral symptoms
- a prompt, jargon-free report written so you understand
- recommendations for practical steps you can take to move forward toward lasting change
- perceptual and visual-spatial abilities
- speed of processing
- problem solving
- planning and organization
- mental flexibility
- motor skills
- academic abilities
- emotional and social functioning